Tuesday, October 20, 2009

PROJECT!!!!

did anyone do the project yet? anybody want to explain how to do the alegbraic rational (fractional) equation cause i am so confused.

12 comments:

Melissa said...

I've only found two things for fractional equation: one's on page 114 and deals with dividing equations, and the other is farther in the book on page 278 but we haven't even covered that.
I'm not sure which one we're supposed to use.

Do you happen to know how Ms. Cook wants the graphs done? She says she wants this whole thing typed but there is no way to do the graphs on the computer.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the info on the fractional equations. she said that some ppl explained how to do it on a graphing calculator and that was fine. but i think i may explain how to do it on a graphing calculator and then draw a really neat graph on the paper.

Melissa said...

Okay, thanks. I was going crazy trying to figure out how to make graphs on the computer. That makes this slightly easier.

Anonymous said...

yeah no problem lol

Geturmathon said...

Fractional equations are covered on pages 114-115. And I am just fine with graphs done neatly by hand. In past years, some students have actually connected their TI 84's to their computer and loaded the screen into their word document. yikes. I have no idea how to do that myself and would love to learn if someone wants to show me. But I definately don't expect it! ---Ms C.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the page numbers that helps me a lot.

Melissa said...

Oh wow! I knew you could hook up the calculators up to the computer (most of the TI graphing calculators come with a cable) but I never actually tried it. Thanks for mentioning that!

Melissa said...

Oh, I'm also wondering what we can do for examples on our project. I know we're not allowed to copy anything from the book, so do we just make some up or maybe someone knows of a site with practice math problems on it?

Anonymous said...

isn't there like a actual website called geturmathon? lol

efitz said...

yes melissa we have to make up our own problems for the project

Craig Theodore Edison White Black Steele said...

Do we use problems from the book or do we have to use problems from somewhere else. And what if the problem I get from another source is similar to one in the textbook.

Melissa said...

It says right on the paper that we can't use the problems or instructions from the book. We have to use our own interpretations of the instructions and get different examples, and as long as they aren't the same exact ones from the book, it should be fine.